[AWIPS #SPD-274825]: AWIPS II uninstall steps for 15.1 to install 16.1.5

> I am looking to upgrade my awips 2 installation from 15.1 to 16.1.5,
>
> The directions say a complete uninstall of 15.1 is required to install
> 16.1.5. The last set of instructions for complete uninstall I can find are
> from 14.4.1 last september copied below. Can anyone tell me if these
> instructions are still valid?

Hi Bryan,

The script installCAVE.sh will remove CAVE 14.4 or 15.1 if it exists, before
installing 16.1.5 cleanly.  Simply download and run
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/installCAVE.sh and it will take
care of the removal and update itself.

Ticket ID: SPD-274825
Department: Support AWIPS