[AWIPS #LHB-738743]: Unusual Graphics Issue With Wind Data

> I read in the documentation that if I can't display color filled images
> then my graphics card is to blame. Well I can display all the color filled
> images I have tried and all contours, but for some reason none of the wind
> data will display; barbs, arrow,s streamlines etc or images. That goes for
> shear, and geostrophic winds etc. Everything else works fine though aside
> from the derived parameter error. Wind data all works fine on the NWS
> client so it seems to be a software issue.

Hi Carl,

When you say barbs, arrows, and streamlines, I assume you mean *gridded data
display* of wind fields, is that correct?  You also say "or images" in
reference to wind data.  Does this mean that when you select a wind field from
the product browser, right-click and "load as image", the image does not load
correctly?

What about when you load SFC Temp/Winds from the Models menu?  Does the
temperature field image load but not the winds?  Is the wind field disabled
(shaded grey) in the product stack at bottom-right?

Are there any relevant error messages in alertviz?

Ticket ID: LHB-738743
Department: Support AWIPS