[AWIPS #SWZ-435980]: Python-AWIPS sounding levels

> I had found that getAvailableParameters method and was already trying to
> capture some of the different SigW, MaxW, SigT, and Man levels.  I did put
> together some of the data into a single array, but cannot find a way to get
> seemingly all of the data still.  All of the SigW levels don't have temps,
> dewpoints, or pressures, so they are only plottable by height not by
> pressure.  And the heights for the pressure levels are not available
> either.  I really want to like python-awips for the AWIPS 2 validation
> effort we are working on, but this is starting to look less promising.
>
> Any thoughts on when you could fix this in the EDEX portion?  I am looking
> for solutions to the validation issues we are coming upon and using
> python-awips could be really nice, but I am lacking confidence right now
> that I could get to all of the data like I was hoping.

I'm actually working on this right now to support a project for one of our
interns.  It could be ready as soon as today or it could be next week,
depending on any snags that come up.  I'm first trying to add returned heights
and winds from all SigT levels, and then will attempt to add returned parms for
all levels.

-mj

Ticket ID: SWZ-435980
Department: Support AWIPS