[AWIPS #RFV-576138]: EDEX setup problem

> I am trying to follow the instructions to set up an edex server.   Everything
> seems to be running, but I get to the point of using qpid-stat and the output
> of
> the command is:
>
> [ldm@z-ldm-centos ~]$ qpid-stat -q -S msg -L 10
> Failed: ValueError - No JSON object could be decoded
>
> Also, I cannot connect to the edex server using cave from another system.
> Any
> ideas?

Hi Harry,

I'm curious what install document you're using, because I removed the qpid-stat
step since the program is incompatible with Qpid 0.32 as of AWIPS release
15.1.1.  Checking qpid-stat is not a necessary step anyone since Qpid is quite
stable.

As for your previous message, I am aware that "edex setup" is not adding the
full domain name to ldmd.conf, I hope to have a fix for that soon, until then
we have to manually edit the file to be sure the edex server name is set
correctly.

Lastly, the comment about your CAVE client not being able to connect, I suspect
you are seeing the error message "Connectivity Error: Unable to validate
localization preferences".  If this is the case, it means that the domain name
defined in /awips2/edex/bin/setup.env can not be resolved from *outside* the
system.  Some machines have different internally-resolved and
externally-resolved domain names (cloud-based servers are especially common
with this), and if the name added to setup.env can only be resolved from inside
the machine, you will see this error.

Let me know if this is the case with you machine, if not then we have to
investigate further.

- Michael

Ticket ID: RFV-576138
Department: Support AWIPS