[AWIPS #UMJ-151873]: CAVE install problem

> When I use the install script, I get the following:
>
> Installing : awips2-15.1.2-6.noarch                                      2/44
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.057nMO: line 96: /awips2/java/bin/jar: No such file or
> directory
>
> with a window that pops us that says JVM terminated. Exit code=1
> /usr/bin/java
>
> I previously had CAVE installed on my machine, but now when I went to update
> it, I ran into problems.

Hi Marty, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

This is the first time I've seen this installation error, but I see a lot of
places that it could come from in how the "awips2" RPM is installed.

/awips2/java/bin/jar is provided by the "awips2-java" RPM, which absolutely
should be installed prior to the "awips2" RPM above.

The easy solution is to remove and reinstall from scratch:

yum groupremove awips2-cave -y

followed again by

./installCAVE.sh

I will identify the cause of this and prevent it from happening in future
updates.

Ticket ID: UMJ-151873
Department: Support AWIPS