[AWIPS #QPD-426476]: Unable to start CAVE

> I recently tried to clean up my AWIPS2 installation and reinstall
> everything again from scratch, The installation for EDEX went pretty well
> and I've been able to ingest data.  However I am unable to get CAVE to
> start.  The initial splash panel is displayed for a few seconds and then it
> goes away.  In my console.log there is only this...
>
> No component specified, defaulting to 'viz'
> No component by name: viz, exiting...
> Exited at 2015-02-27 19:56:30+00:00 with an exit status of 0
>
> The log is not particularly helpful, so I'm not sure what component is
> missing or not specified.  "AlertViz" is running and I can display it's
> dialog. Do you have any advice on how to track down this problem?
>
> Carl Dierking
> GINA / Univ of AK

Hi Carl,

I'm not sure what the cause of this problem is without more information.  I
would recommend removing ~/caveData from the awips user account and then start
CAVE again, but if the problem persists the best thing to do is a complete
removal and reinstall.

Michael

Ticket ID: QPD-426476
Department: Support AWIPS