[Egrants #KYI-945503]: 2015 unidata equipment award

> My question is, will running Xming on Windows to connect
> to the CAVE client be efficient, or would we be better served to convert
> a number of these machines to CentOS 6.5 and install CAVE clients on
> these machines?

Hello Eric,

I do not have any experience with Xming, but I imagine it would work as long as
the GPU is available for CAVE and the proper NVIDIA driver is installed.  It
may require a special configuration in order to run as fast as a standalone
workstation, that's just a guess.  I always recommend our AWIPS II users
install 64bit CentOS/RHEL 6.5, since that is the only operating system we
support for AWIPS II at this time.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO