[AWIPS #OPQ-771501]: Can't ping or connect to edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu

Hi Mike,

It's good to hear from you.  I enjoyed our talk about AWIPS II at the Unidata
AMS booth.

I can confirm that edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu is up and accepting connections,
I just successfully connected from my home network.  You did mention trying to
connect from a running CAVE client, which requires going through Preferences to
change the Localization Server, and then restarting CAVE.  Can you walk me
through the steps you're doing and tell me what you see if you stop and restart
CAVE?

Also, you want to be sure you are connecting a Unidata AWIPS II CAVE client to
our server.  NWS CAVE to a Unidata EDEX server is not a supported connection.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

> Was at the AMS conference, and heard that we could connect to the
> edex-azure server if we had an up and running CAVE client.
>
> Is the server down, or is there some sort of firewall we need to get
> approved for.
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Mike Van Tress - Meteorologist
> Bonneville Power Administration