[AWIPS #OEQ-751416]: Low Available Memory for Application

> Hello,
>
> We just got the software installed, however we keep getting the following pop
> up when we run it:

You can edit the file /awips2/cave/NCP.ini and change the last line to decrease
the maximum amount of memory given to the CAVE application.  The default is
"-Xmx2048M", so you should drop it to 1500MB or 1024MB and restart CAVE and see
if the error goes away.

What is the available memory on the workstation?  (linux shell command 'free')

> I haven't seen any impact on the server but I would like to know what we can
> do to eliminate this pop up.

Since this is a memory warning on the *CAVE workstation* and not the *EDEX
server*, there should be no impact on the server.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

Ticket ID: OEQ-751416