[NOAAPORT #VHS-648329]: noaaport ingest

Hi Randy,

re:
> thanks for the answers.

No worries.

re:
> Regarding my question 2) below. Some clarification. Some here are suggesting
> they really
> dont need a noaapxcd box and then another downstream box running AWIPS II but
> rather one
> downstream computer that gets everything it needs from noaapnew. Is this
> correct or
> recommended?

This is correct.  The box running the AWIPS-II ingest code can REQUEST all that
it
needs directly from your NOAAPort ingest machine, noaapnew.

re:
> I am not familiar with the NWS WFO config.

The Unidata AWIPS-II page:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> AWIPS-II
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/

has a nice block diagram (not too detailed) that will give you and idea
of the division between the visualization component of AWIPS-II (CAVE)
and the data ingest/processing/serving component (EDEX).

In the AWIPS-II System Manual 13.4.1 document:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> AWIPS-II
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/

    Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/#doc

      System_Manual_13.4.1.pdf
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/System_Manual_13.4.1.pdf

Exhibit 2.2-1 is a decent diagram of what a typical standalone WFO setup.

Ticket ID: VHS-648329
Department: Support NOAAPORT