[AWIPS #HAR-692237]: AWIPS II

> > re:
> >> Wen AWIPS II is released toward the end of the year will it be like
> >> NAWIPS
> >
> > In what way?
>
> Would it we configured for a national version of AWIPS like at the national
> centers

Hi Carter,

The AWIPS II gui, called CAVE, has a number of "perspectives" - basically view
modes.  The default D2D has the look and feel of legacy AWIPS workstations with
national, regional and local windows. The National Centers Perspective is
designed to look and feel like NMAP2 from NAWIPS, so it consists of a single
nationwide map view by default.   I hope that answers your question.

Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: HAR-692237
Department: Support AWIPS