The system administrator or person who installs McIDAS-X will use these installation instructions.
Unidata McIDAS-X and -XCD have been successfully built at SSEC or the UPC on the platforms in the following table. McIDAS-XCD has been tested at the UPC on two of these platforms, Sun Solaris SPARC and CentOS 6.6/7 Linux.
|Apple||MacOS-X 10.8/9/10||gcc, gfortran (packaged with Xcode)(1)|
|RedHat||Enterprise 5.7,6.x,7.x||gcc, gfortran(2)|
|The CentOS Project||CentOS 6.6,6.7,7.x||gcc, gfortran(3)|
|Canonical||Ubuntu 14.04 LTS||gcc, gfortran(4)|
|Oracle||Solaris SPARC 9/10||gcc, gfortran(5)|
1. The indicated compiler combination is recommended by SSEC.
2. SSEC supports builds under RedHat Enterprise 5.7. Unidata has no access to a machine running this version of Linux, so we can not verify that the code should work correctly.
3. Unidata supports builds under CentOS 6.x and 7.x.
4. Unidata has built and runs McIDAS-X (not -XCD) under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
5. Use of GNU gcc and gfortran is the only compiler combination supported.
The McIDAS-X installation consists of seven tasks:
If you have questions about the installation, please send email to Unidata McIDAS Support <firstname.lastname@example.org>.