3.4.0 Choose Data on Disk
The Files chooser allows you to select data from your file system.
Image 1: File Chooser
To select files:
- Navigate to the directory that contains the files you are interested in.
The menu allows you to select directories or you can
double-click on directory names. You can use the
navigate to frequently used directories. This list contains the
last 15 directories that data was loaded from.
- Select a file or files. Multiple files can be selected using
Control-Click or Shift-Click.
- Optionally, specify the type of data the file contains.
Normally the IDV figures out what kind of data is in a file by
the filename itself. You can override this
using the menu.
- The button causes a rescan of the current directory.
Use this to update the file chooser if the files have changed.
- When done, load the selected file with the button.
- The data file selected appears in the
Field Selector window.