5.7.6 Location Indicator Control
The location indicator control displays a configurable axis in the main
3D display and (optionally) a bearing point. The user interface is
composed of three tabs. The first displays the position of the origin and
the bearing point.
Image 1: Location Indicator Location Tab
The second allows for the configuration of
Image 2: Location Indicator Display Tab
The second allows for the orienting the display based on the location.
Image 3: Location Indicator Orient Tab
To change the origin click and drag in the main display. To show and/or change
the bearing point do a control-drag in the main display. The x/y/z locations
of the bearing point are shown on the origin axis as tick marks and, optionally,
as longitude/latitude/altitude readouts.
- Location Tab
The Location tab shows the location of the origin point, the bearing point
and the 3 tick axis points. You can set the value of the origin or
bearing point directly by entering the value in the appropriate text field
and pressing return.
- Display Tab
The display tab allows you to configure the display. You can:
- Constrain along which axis points are moved with the checkboxes.
- Constrain the movement to be within the main 3D bounding box.
- Disable the dragging of points with the checkbox.
- Turn on/off the visibility of labels.
- Turn on the display of a solid plane along any of the axis with the
checkboxes. You can also change the color and the transparency of
- Show or hide the bearing lines. These are dashed lines from the respective axis
to the bearing point.
- Turn on/off the display of the bearing point with the checkbox.
- Expand/contract the length of the origin axis.
- Set the line width, color, etc.
- Orient Tab
You can center the display at the origin or at the point of the location indicator.
More to come.