[visad] VisAD source repository moved to GitHub...

Greetings VisAD Developers and Users!

The VisAD repository has been "officially" moved to GitHub
(https://github.com/visad/visad) where you are now free to fork and
clone and play.  Pull Requests you make with your proposed changes
will be reviewed by the developers as in the past...you just won't
have to send your source code in an email!

The nightly builds (ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/visad/nightly) are now
being done from the GitHub repository, as will the next release.  We
have added some additional versioning information in the MANIFEST.MF
file in the visad.jar; in addition, we will continue to use a
"revision" numbering scheme like we had with Subversion (e.g., r5996),
and each update will continue to be placed into it's own directory on
the ftp server in case you need to fall back to an earlier version.

If you are a developer and want to re-build VisAD using 'ant', in the
next release you will notice that the two build.xml files have been
changed to generate the version number using 'git' instead of 'svn',
so you will need to have it in your path.

If you are not familiar with Git or GitHub, there are on-line
tutorials to get you through (you might start at
<https://help.github.com/>)...but if you have any questions about the
repository, please write:  Jon Beavers (jbeavers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Thanks.

tom