Re: [visad] Creating Overlay problem

Hi...

Without some information about georeferencing of the "image" it is not
possible to overlay the map outline.

The OUTLnnnn files from McIDAS do not have a "projection" -- they just
list latitude,longitude coordinates along the lines to be drawn.  See:
<http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/prog_man/current/formats-26.html>

If you know the projection of the "image" data, then you can load in
the "image" file using the built-in adapters, and then create a new
FlatField with the domain which contains the georeferencing
information.

If the image projection is a simple rectangular one (in latitude,
longitude), then you can use the McIDAS-V / IDV "XML Image file" that
allows you to specify these for any "image" (gif, png, jpg).

I hope that helps...

Best regards,

tom