Re: [visad] Why does my application eat up the memory?

Hi Lizhi-

Lizhi Wang wrote:
> Dear all:
>    The attach file is my java demo application. When I press the 'loop'
> button, my system's memory is eaten up by it. Could you find the reason? Or
> how can I avoid this?

I ran your program on Windows XP using Java 1.5 and Java 1.5.1
and am not seeing a memory problem. We have observed problems
when an application is minimized and looping is enabled.

What version of Java and Java 3D are you running? How much memory
are you allocating to the JVM (e.g., what is the -Xmx flag you are
using, if any).

Don Murray
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm