RE: More GriddedNDSet Questions

Hi,

OK, we seem to have the build problem fixed.  (However, since we determined
the real problem is in using DisplayImplJ2D rather than DisplayImplJ3D, it
isn't necessary to try to print debug messages anymore.  But I could do that
next time ;-)

I also seem to have fixed the aspect ratio problem by determining through
trial and error that the following seems to work:

      ProjectionControl pc = display.getProjectionControl();
      double ratio = width / height;
      if(ratio < 1) {
        pc.setAspectCartesian(new double[] {ratio, 1, 1});
      } else {
        pc.setAspectCartesian(new double[] {1, 1 / ratio, 1});
      }

keeping in mind that this is a 2D display renderer in a 3D display.  The
arithmetic is to keep it from scaling.  I didn't have to do that arithmetic
with the 2D display.  The following was enough:

        pc.setAspectCartesian(new double[] {width, height});

I still have the following question:

What is the difference between ProjectionControl.setAspect(),
ProjectionControl.setAspectCartesian(), and Renderer.setBoxAspect()?  The
Javadoc isn't very clear on those points.  Test37 uses both of the first
two.

BTW, now I have a box without doing anything special.  That problem went
away, and I think I'm back in business (but without the slow triangles).

Thanks,

        -Ken