Re: More GriddedNDSet Questions

Hi Bill/Ken-

Bill Hibbard wrote:

I took a hard look at the various criteria for computing the
boolean flags isTextureMap and curvedTexture, and the
only reasonable cause for curvedTexture == false when
isTextureMap == true in your case is that you must be
using a DisplayImplJ2D. The only other possible causes
I can see are that you may be explicitly setting curvedSize
to 0, or have a ConstantMap of false to Display.TextureEnable,
both very unlikely.

I was going to guess Ken's using a DisplayImplJ2D based on
his comment about slowness.

Curved texture maps are not supported in Java2D and so
won't work in a DisplayImplJ2D. If you are using a
DisplayImplJ2D, can you switch to a DisplayImplJ3D?

You could still have a 2D application by using:

   DisplayImpl display
      new DisplayImplJ3D("display", new TwoDDisplayRendererJ3D());

but performance should be greatly improved.  Of course, you'll
need to install Java 3D.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm