Polygon manipulation in its nodes (was: problems with DirectManipulationRendererJ3D)

I gave a closer look into the CurveManipulationRenderer class and the
regarding classes.
As I understand it, the rendering is passed to the ShadowCurveSetTypeJ3D
and then to the ShadowFunctionOrSetType.

Using that approach I am able to modify the shapefile on the display,
the problem is that it is modified not only in its nodes, but also in
every point between two nodes, which it should not. I saw the same
behaviour in the IDV. Even if the nodes are visualized with boxes, it is
possible to modify also points between the node boxes.

How I would like to have it behave is kinda similar as in the example of the
bom.TrackManipulation.

Now I need some help to get the right starting point.
I would like to do the following:
- have the nodes (coordinates) of the shapefile surrounded by a small
shape of any kind
- have the manipulation renderer to modify only the nodes through the
dragging action, adapting the two lines that converge into the node so
that they stay straight lines and follow their node.

What exactly should I do? Extend the ShadowFunctionOrSetType and
override the doTranform method inserting the drawing of the shapes?

I really need some good advice.

Thanks,
Andrea

* [A.D. 27/11/06 17:25], Andrea Antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> probably