Re: scale bar position

Hi Curtis-

Curtis Rueden wrote:

I haven't messed with AxisScale that much. Is there a way to position a
scale bar on the other side of a display plot (the box's "max" side rather
than the "min" side)? Right now, in 3D, all three axes stem from the origin,
which actually makes it difficult to find an orientation that shows all
three axis labels clearly.

You can call setSide(AxisScale.SECONDARY) to put it on the
other side.  In 3D, this might not give you what you want
but see if that works.  It was mostly tested in 2D.

If it's not currently possible, I am potentially interested in adding such
an option, depending on the work involved. What would it take? Changes to
AxisScale? Elsewhere?

AxisScale would be the place.  You just have to figure out
all the start, up, etc stuff which I'm sure you are much
better at than I.

I have a pending change to AxisScale that was contributed
by Diana Naidoo, but I haven't gotten around to testing it.
That would support rotating the axis tick labels.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm