RE: Problem with Display.ZAxis Using Different Colors for same Z

  • To: "Kenneth Evans, Jr." <evans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Problem with Display.ZAxis Using Different Colors for same Z
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:08:29 -0500 (CDT)
Ken,

>      That worked.  Sort of.  The plot (attached) now looks dirty and it
> *does* take a (really) long time to render.

Yeah, for your 1000 x 1000 data set you are creating and
rendering 2,000,000 triangles. The dirty look comes from
the shading applied to the surface (as I recall, we
disabled shading with texture maps).

Tom Rink suggests that rather than disabling texture
mapping, you might try:

  GraphicsModeControl mode = display.getGraphicsModeControl();
  mode.setCurvedSize(1);

Or for a compromise, try 2 or 3 instead of 1. These
will give you a texture map with finer sub-sampling
(with 1, I think there is no sub-sampling at all).