Re: p.s., Re: Animation in Radar App

Hi Bill,
        Thanks for the quick reply.

        AnimationControl.setSet(newSet) and DataReference.setData(Field) are
being periodically called during the stable memory usage case.
        I have done the scenario where there is no data updates, but still
looping. Except for some initial calls when loading the data, these
methods are not called. The memory usage is OK.
        So I guess that it is a something to do with the combination of the two
actions. I have also observed that the speed of the animation does not
effect how soon the memory is used up.

Additional Info:
   Some of the overnight runs have resulted in the application being
aborted. I think it is connected to OutOfMemory error, but I do not
always get evidence that this has occurred before the crash. It prints
out the message:
        "An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine"
Information in a log file has:
[_thread_is_native, id=14629]
and there is mention of javax.media.j3d files.

One of my major problems is the inconsistent behaviour in tracking this
down. Currently, I have a small scenario running via the Netbeans
Profiler which has been running for 4 days! Could this really be a case
of needing much more heap memory when looping?

cheers,
Susan