RubberBandRenderer and ScreenLockedRenders for 2D

Hi All-

For our IDV application, the sounding displays (SkewT) uses
a DisplayImplJ2D because setting the line width under DirectX
is not supported and we use that feature.

I'd like to use the capabilities of the ScreenLockedRendererJ3D
and RubberBandBoxRendererJ3D in this 2D window.  Has anyone
implemented these for the java2D package?

I looked at the RBB renderer and it seemed like we'd just
need another VisADBranch.  I'm not sure about the extra_branch
that is already there.  For the ScreenLocked, it looked like
the J2D package just needs a screen locked branch.

Any help on implementing these is appreciated.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm