Re: Contour Plotting of Ecological Data Using Visad

Hi Nandita,

There is an example in Section 3.5 of Ugo's VisAD tutorial.
However, you'll want to substitute an Irregular2DSet for
the Linear2DSet used in that example. Use the Irregular2DSet
constructor signature:

  public Irregular2DSet(MathType type, float[][] samples)

where samples is dimensioned float[2][number_of_points]
and you set your lat coordinates into samples[0][i]
and lon coordinates into samples[1][i].

Contouring from IrregularSets does not generate labels -
if you want those then resample the FlatField you create
to a Linear2DSet (or other Gridded2DSet) that covers the
region of your Irregular2DSet.