Displayed Data

Greetings,

If/when I zoom in on my displayed data, can I obtain the max and min values of the data that are being displayed.

For example, let's sat that I have

(latitude, longitude)->(altitude) projected in 2D with altitude is depicted as RGB. If I zoom in (shift+left click), am I able to get the "ranges" of the visible domain values? I.e.
x1 < lat < y1
x2 < lon < y2

I thought that I could do this with the DataRenderer getRanges() method. Would this be correct? If so, is there a way to get the default DataRender from the DisplayImpl, or do I created one and add it to the Display?

Thanks for the help!!

-kevin.

Kevin L. Manross        [KD5MYD] <><          (405)-366-0557
CIMMS Research Associate               kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx
[NSSL-WRDD/SWATN]           http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross

"My opinions are my own and not representative of CIMMS, NSSL,
NOAA or any affiliates"