JApplet and VisAD

Hi,

I have a visad program as a JApplet successfully runnig when viewed via
appletviewer. However when I tried it in a browser page it only partially
worked.

The menu stuff worked OK but the Display with all the good stuff did
not appear. The message says the applet has started.

Adding the display.getComponent() to the contentPane seems OK for the
appletviewer but not when used in the browser. I have tried this in init() and
start().

Is there a simple thing I have missed here or am I trying to do something
which is not expected to work?

All suggestions will be tried.

Thanks

Geoff Freeman