From: James Kelly [mailto:J.Kelly@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 1 August 2005 17:01
To: Mey Manickam
Cc: visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AddeURLConnection - update

Hi Mey,

The new version of AddeURLConnection defaults to port 112 on the server,
which should provide the data in gzipped format. Unfortunately, the ADDE
server you are connecting to is running McIDAS version 2002. Gzip format
was added to McIDAS in 2003 I believe.

You can override this default by specifying the port and compress format
in the URL eg:
&port=503&compress=compress

I've tried the above & that should work for you (and using compress
should be quicker). To get uncompressed data, you could try:
&port=500&compress=none (or NO_COMPRESS I suppose)

I haven't tried this option.

Cheers,

James

--
James Kelly
Meteorological Systems Section                    Bureau of Meteorology