Re: Visad basics

  • To: Hanowski, Gregory J
  • Subject: Re: Visad basics
  • From: Bill Hibbard [mailto:billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:23:17 -0600
Bill,
Thanks for the help.  Your email provided several "ah ha" moments and I
understand it better now.  The first shape apparently was text but it
was scaled so tiny I could barely see it and it looked like a dot so I
missed the shape sequence pattern.  Adding additional values like this
confirmed what you are saying and then I could see the pattern.
values = new float[][] {{0.0f, 1.0f, 2.0f, 3.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 2.0f, 3.0f,
0.0f}};

Color is already taken but shape is available so that will work better
for hilighting.  I'm thinking I should be able to create another column
of data that contains the index of the main shape and then just change
the index of the selected point to a different shape index, like your
suggestion for color.
Thanks again,
Greg