I have updated the visad.jar file, along with the source, examples and even
the javadoc. All are available on the ftp server:
The javadoc associated with this release is at:
Here is a list of code changes since the March 14th update:
2005-04-27 14:23 donm
* DateTime.java: make a new ctor that takes a value and a Unit.
Don't know why this wasn't there before
2005-04-26 16:28 curtis
* data/bio/OpenlabForm.java: Tweak PICT support to work with latest
2005-04-26 13:46 curtis
* data/qt/: PictForm.java, QTForm.java: Switch QTForm from a single
reflected universe to multiple reflected to multiple universes
with a shared custom class loader. This continues to work
properly with QTJava but fixes bugs that occur with multiple
QTForms accessing multiple files simultaneously.
Unfortunately, there is still a serious efficiency issue with
multiple simultaneous file access. (This fix addresses
correctness, not efficiency.)
2005-04-26 13:32 curtis
* util/ReflectedUniverse.java: Add constructor signature for
passing in a custom class loader.
2005-04-22 15:41 tomw
* Makefile: Set the target jar compatability to version 1.2. Add a
'windowtitle' to the javadocs of "VisAD", and increase the max
heap for doing javadocs.
2005-04-21 16:03 donm
* RealTuple.java: add new ctor to reduce memory and time and allow
user to more easily shoot themselves in the foot.
2005-04-21 08:57 donm
* Tuple.java, data/mcidas/PointDataAdapter.java: add a new ctor
that takes a checkType boolean to avoid checking whether the type
matches the data types. use this in PointDataAdapter
2005-04-18 15:37 curtis
* data/tiff/TiffTools.java: Handle WHITE_IS_ZERO more efficiently.
2005-04-18 15:32 curtis
* data/tiff/TiffTools.java: Handle WHITE_IS_ZERO photometric
2005-04-15 13:55 rink
* Gridded3DSet.java: a couple minor tweaks in valueToGrid to fix an
2005-04-08 13:25 tomw
* data/units/DefaultUnitsDB.java: Added "Dobson" as a valid unit
.01mm. This is how ozone amounts are defined. Abreviation "DU"
2005-04-05 15:17 curtis
* util/Util.java: Tweak comment to note that ImageJForm also
2005-04-05 15:17 curtis
* data/ij/ImageJForm.java: ImageJForm supports PNG, so add png to
list of suffixes.
2005-04-04 14:51 rink
* Gridded3DSet.java: Fix two problems in valueToGrid discovered
with the IDV: (1) change tests for (dot-products == 0) to
dot-products as close to zero as the precision allows, ie.
(2) If distance between the point and initial guess exceed
about half the diagonal distance, find a closer guess point:
the algorithm seem to struggle in curvey grids if the point
to box vector crosses grid boundaries.
Note: the methodology of this algorithm is the same as before,
we're just giving it a little 'heurisitc' help, and fixing an
2005-03-19 05:17 billh
* util/SelectRangeWidget.java: combine Don's fix with mine, which
is used for ranges of less than 0.1 (using floor and ceil for
very narrow ranges could make it difficult for users to select
within their actual ranges of values)
2005-03-18 19:15 billh
* util/SelectRangeWidget.java: Don Flagg's modification of my fix,
that still fixes his problem but does not visibly widen the range
2005-03-18 15:52 billh
* util/SelectRangeWidget.java: My brute force fix for Don Flagg's
problem, which I think is simply the limit of single precision
floating point. This fix extends the range of a
SelectRangeWidget by a factor of 0.001 on both the low and high
ends. Thus if your RealType values have range (0.0, 1.0) a
SelectRangeWidget for this will have range (-0.001, 1.001).
Please let me know if you see a problem with this in your
2005-03-17 22:20 curtis
* browser/RangeSlider.java: Fix floating point rounding bug Don
Flaggs found in gripToValue.
2005-03-17 11:14 curtis
* browser/RangeSlider.java: Potential fix for bug Don Flaggs found
with SelectRangeWidget. Err on the side of caution (wider
selected data) using Convert.shortString with ROUND_UP and
ROUND_DOWN. There is probably a more accurate way to fix the bug,
but this solution should prevent his problem from occurring.
2005-03-17 10:58 curtis
* util/RangeWidget.java: Fix range inaccuracies in range widget by
making use of new Convert.shortString(double, int) signature with
ROUND_UP and ROUND_DOWN.
2005-03-17 10:47 curtis
* browser/Convert.java: Add Convert.shortString(double value, int
mode) method, for indicating which rounding mode to use.
Possibilities are ROUND_NEAREST (default), ROUND_UP and
2005-03-16 04:46 donm
* data/vis5d/Vis5DCoordinateSystem.java: fix a typo for rotated
grids that was causing problems with Greg Tripoli's file. At
some point, we need to add in support for the MERCATOR projection
(type 5) and maybe EPA (type 6).
2005-03-28 10:21 rink
* wisc/ssec/mcidas/AreaDirectory.java: fix a problem when
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science and Engineering Center
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies