Re: VisAD and transparency

Hi JR,

Iso-surface triangles (and triangles from other sources)
in VisAD get sewn together in long polytrianlge strips
which greatly increase efficiency, and these strips are
in general not compatable with sorting. As I recall, Java3D
does provide a way to segregate triangles into multiple
Geometries that it will then sort in depth order, but for
this to work with complex shapes like iso-surfaces you'd
have to segregate into a very large number of Geometries.

It is possible that you may find a way to do what you want,
but it will be a lot of work and probably result in slower
rendering and greater memory use.