Re: For the visad in a box, which classpath to add on these (url,

  • To: Victor Shum <vshum12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: For the visad in a box, which classpath to add on these (url,
  • From: Tom Whittaker <tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:49:46 -0600
Hi Victor:

Not sure why you want to extract the classes from visad.jar. However, let's say that your directory tree looks like this:

/src/visad/
/src/edu/
/src/ucar/
/src/visad/examples/    <-- should be where you put the examples

In otherwords, you extracted the contents of the visad.jar file while you were "in" the /src/ directory. In this case, your CLASSPATH need contain only this:

CLASSPATH=./:/src

Java versions > 1.3.1 find their own environment, so you don't need to have any of that in the CLASSPATH. Plus, the Java3D is placed under the JRE so you don't need to point there, either.

If you were just using the visad.jar file without changes, you can just put it into your CLASSPATH, as in:

CLASSPATH=./:/path-to-jars/visad.jar

Both the compiler and runtime will then find all the visad classes in the JAR file.

Hope that helps.

tom

Victor Shum wrote:

Dear Visad Users,
I have extracted the classes from visad.jar and set
many classpaths to the CLASSPATH variable. When I ran java Test68 under examples I got the
following errors, could someone guide me on what the
classpaths for these are?:

[root@sbc]#java Test68
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
visad/util/CmdlineConsumer
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native
Method)
        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at
java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison