RE: Mouse events using PickManipulationRendererJ3D (and

  • To: Flaggs, Don
  • Subject: RE: Mouse events using PickManipulationRendererJ3D (and
  • From: Bill Hibbard [mailto:billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:36:09 -0800
Bill,

Attached here is the console output from a session where the problem
appeared.  It's mostly generated by your DisplayEvent.toString() method
to show what mouse activity the DisplayImpl was seeing.  The pick event
messages come from a println() within the CellImpl.doAction().  The 1st
set of output shows right mouse events correctly resulting in pick
events from the CellImpl.doAction().  The 2nd set of output first
generated a cursor upon left mouse press, and then a pick event upon
left mouse release!?!  I'm going to try and instrument the code a little
more...  Any ideas while I do that?

thanks...  dlf

Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=MOUSE_PRESSED, X=291,
Y=211, remoteId=0
Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=MOUSE_PRESSED_RIGHT,
X=291, Y=211, remoteId=0
>>>  got a pick event
>>> object picked: index: 232
 k: 0   value: 118.0
 k: 1   value: 7914.57275390625
 k: 2   value: 456.741943359375
 k: 3   value: 257.7852478027344
 k: 4   value: 307.7412109375
 k: 5   value: 247.43136596679688
 k: 6   value: 343.8174743652344
 k: 7   value: 182.00833129882812
 k: 8   value: 345.41107177734375
 k: 9   value: 314.0792541503906
 k: 10   value: 351.0933532714844
 k: 11   value: 261.0024108886719
 k: 12   value: -2286.75
 k: 13   value: 232.0
 k: 14   value: 1.0
Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=FRAME_DONE, X=0, Y=0,
remoteId=0
Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=TRANSFORM_DONE, X=0,
Y=0, remoteId=0
Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=FRAME_DONE, X=0, Y=0,
remoteId=0

Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=MOUSE_PRESSED_LEFT,
X=85, Y=77, remoteId=0
[...]
Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=MOUSE_RELEASED, X=149,
Y=130, remoteId=0
Display event: DisplayEvent: Display=plotID:3, Id=MOUSE_RELEASED_LEFT,
X=149, Y=130, remoteId=0
>>>  got a pick event
>>> object picked: index: 1170
 k: 0   value: 674.0