Re: Short program to demo straight contour lines

What's the source of this netCDF file?  As Bill pointed out, the
structure of the file is more of a line than a grid.  If you are
the source of this file, I would recommend using one of the known
netCDF conventions.  In particular, parts of the CF conventions:

are handled in the VisAD netCDF adapter using the CfView class.

Briefly looking at the data, it looks like it might adhere to the
reduced horizontal grid structure for CF:

Unfortunately, this part of the convention does is not handleds
in CfView.  If this is the type of data you have, we could try
to add support for it in VisAD as time permits.

Russell Steicke wrote:

Bill and Tom,

Here's an example program to demonstrate the "straight contour lines" I
mentioned earlier.  The jar file contains:            The program    Netcdf file with the data

The .jar is not runnable, you'll have to extract the files.

"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters