Re: Query for VisAD digest

Ian:

An example of this using the IDV (because it allows me to do it quickly using VisAD) is at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/iso.jpg

using windspeed from the latest RUC initialization: 20mps is cyan, 30mps is yellow, and 35mpg is red. I set the transparancy of each color to 80%.

tom

Ian Barrodale wrote:

Hi All:

We have a 3D volume data set which we'd like to visualize as a set of transparent colored isosurfaces simultaneously rendered into a single view. For example, if our data was temperatures in a volume above a city, we'd like to see a blue isosurface for 10C, a cyan isosurface for 15C, a green isosurface for 20C, an orange isosurface for 25C, and a red isosurface for 30C. The mental image is a field of colored soap bubbles.

Can we use VisAD to do such a visualization, or even more attractive, will the spreadsheet or other tools do this without additional programming?

Thanks,
Ian

Ian Barrodale, Ph.D.
President
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd.
Tel: (250) 472-4372 Fax: (250) 472-4373
Web: _http://www.barrodale.com_ <http://www.barrodale.com/>
Email: ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 3075 STN CSC
Victoria BC Canada V8W 3W2

Shipping Address:
Hut R, McKenzie Avenue
University of Victoria
Victoria BC Canada V8W 3W2

Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science and Engineering Center
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
Phone/VoiceMail: 608.262.2759