Re: Newbie questions: selecting objects, changing viewpoints, and remapping user input

  • To: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Newbie questions: selecting objects, changing viewpoints, and remapping user input
  • From: Harry Hochheiser <hsh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:35:48 -0500
Ok, I think i've got it. I'll give it a bit of a whirl...

-harry

On Feb 5, 2004, at 3:31 PM, Bill Hibbard wrote:

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Harry Hochheiser wrote:

One more quick question - what do I do with the MouseHelper and/or
MouseBehavior? where do they get plugged in?

To constrain rotation around one axis will require that you
write an extension class of MouseBehaviorJ3D. You then pass
the class of your extension to the DisplayRendererJ3D
constructor that takes the 'Class mbj3dClass' argument,
and pass the constructed DisplayRendererJ3D to your
DisplayImplJ3D constructor. If you extend the MouseHelper
class, the constructor of your DisplayRendererJ3D
extension passes the class of your MouseHelper extension
to the super(DisplayRendererJ3D r, Class mhClass)
constructor for DisplayRendererJ3D. Admittedly a round-
about way to allow applications to extend the MouseHelper
and MouseBehaviorJ3D classes.