Re: Another Alpha Question

Thanks Bill,

I gave it a try and received the following error:

        at visad.VisADGeometryArray.merge(
        at visad.VisADTriangleStripArray.merge(
        at visad.UnionSet.make2DGeometry(
        at visad.java3d.RendererJ3D.doAction(
        at visad.DisplayImpl.doAction(
        at visad.util.ThreadPool$

If I use a UnionSet with a single filled Irregular2DSet the ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception becomes 24

Hope this helps.

Bill Hibbard wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Please try the proposed fix at:

Note this is incorporated in the visad.jar and visad_src-2.0.jar
files at

If this doesn't fix it, then please send me the test program.

Thanks for the fix on this.  The fixed UnionSet is allowing me to choose
a ConstantMap color, but when I add an Alpha parameter, it does not
behave as it should.

Using 2 different filled Irregular2DSets, each with its own ConstantMap,
I get this:

However, when I make a UnionSet with the two Irregular2DSets and using
one of the ConstantMaps, I get this:

Even a UnionSet with a single Irregular2Dset wedge produces the same
produces the latter result.

If you would like, I can send you my test code.

Kevin L. Manross        [KD5MYD] <><          (405)-366-0557
CIMMS Research Associate               kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx

"My opinions are my own and not representative of CIMMS, NSSL,
 NOAA or any affiliates"