Re: Another Alpha Question

Kevin-

Kevin Manross wrote:
I am hoping for the wedge to behave like the transparent radar echoes do in Don Murray's 1st two examples:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm/radar_pics.html

where you can see the state boundaries below the radar echo.

We don't use ConstantMaps for this, but map the data to RGBA
and use a color table.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference
but you might try it.  Also, as stated previously, transparency
really depends on the order of the DataReferences.  I've
just been noticing that if I load in a 3D radar sweep in the
IDV and then change the maps, the maps don't show up beneath
the radar because they order of the DataReferences gets changed.
It's on the list of bugs for the IDV now. ;-)

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters