Re: I need a simple example about visad+jython+netcdf

Hi Adil,

> I am realy new to visad and i hope somebody can help me.
>
> I need  simple examples of using netcdf data with jython+visad
> which consists of reading netcdf data, passing them to arrays and
> plotting.

If you download the netCDF file:

  ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/images.nc

then the simple Python program:

  a = load("images.nc")
  plot(a)

will read and plot the netcdf file.

There is a slightly more complex example in visad/python/fft_test.py
which reads the netCDF file:

  ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/b2rlc.nc

Note fft_test.py assumes the file is in the ../examples/
directory, but you can edit fft_test.py to read the file
from the current directory.

And if you get Kevin's program and file, that will be a
more complete example. You will need to spend some time
studying Ugo's and Tom's tutorials in order to learn
how to use VisAD.