Re: slow 2d image generation

Hi Jim...

Sorry, I missed typed last night. You should use parentheses for the range values. The square brackets are used for options [units, miss, etc]. See section IIIb of the README.text file.

Please let me know if you have any more problems with this. (Especially since I always use comma-separated values... ;-)

tom

Jim Cookas wrote:

tom, all

thanks a ton for the suggestion...it looks like this will be the method of
choice for speeding up image display...i implemented the changes today, but i'm
having a problem getting the image to display...i think it is a problem with my
ascii file format...

i am using tab-spaced values...here is what test.tsv looks like:

(Down_Range,Cross_Range)->(RCS)
Down_Range[-755.383:755.383]    Cross_Range[-755.383:755.383]   RCS
[ 256 RCS values for Down_Range #0 ]
[ 256 RCS values for Down_Range #1 ]
.
.
.
[ 256 RCS values for Down_Range #255 ]

when i try to load this file into visad, i get these messages at the terminal:

Unit name problem:visad.data.units.ParseException: negative sign follows
decimal point with -755.383:755.383
Unit name problem:visad.data.units.ParseException: negative sign follows
decimal point with -755.383:755.383

any ideas on the problem?...thanks again!!

jc