Re: JOGL and VisAD

Hi John,

I am CC'ing visad-list since this question is probably
interesting to others. I think there will be a port of
Java3D to OS X, perhaps by Java3D simply becoming open
source.

If that doesn't happen, we will look for a Java binding
for OpenGL that transcends the "flavor of the year" that
we have seen with GL4Java, JOGL and others. Perhaps it
will be the binding that Sun and SGI announced they are
working on, or perhaps it will be JOGL.

If we do create a VisAD adapter for this, parallel to
the visad.java3d package. I estimate it will take half
a person year. Anyone have a spare US$100K to fund it?