NVidia and texture maps

Hi-

A couple of us have run into a problem using Java 3D 1.3
from Blackdown on Linux with an NVidia GeForce 4 card.  The problem
manifests itself when a display with a texture map is shown.
Any other lines (like the VisAD box) turn black.  An example of
this is Test16 in visad/examples.

Has anyone else experienced this and have a work around?
One workaround we have is to use Java 3D 1.2.1, but I would
rather have a solution that takes care of the problem using
Java 3D 1.3.

Thanks for any help.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm