Re: Gridded2DSet

Once again, Don, you save the day!

Higher Resolution:
http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross/VCPRPE/KIWA-hiResAP.gif

Lower Resolution:
http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross/VCPRPE/KIWA-lowResAP.gif

"Resolution" is defined by A) the number of points along the radial line and B) the number of radials sampled per degree azimuth.

Now, is there a way to connect the dots so that I have several discrete 2D "blobs" instead of rows of points? I.e., from the above examples, you can make out 2D features that basically indicate mountain tops.

Thanks again!

-kevin.

Don Murray wrote:
Kevin-

Do you want to just plot points where the intersections occur?
If so, then just create a FieldImpl of your points as:

(index -> (lat,lon)

The Gridded2DSet would indicate that there is some relation betwee
all the points.  On a 1D manifold, this would be a line (like your
selector line) and on a 2D manifold, this would be a grid.  As just
points in a FieldImpl, they should just show up as points.  Since
they will be discontinous, this seems like a good approach.  You could
use a ConstantMap to PointSize to set the size of the points.

Another approach would be to use the same Gridded2DSet that is your
domain of the PPI panel and create a FieldImpl of

(lat,lon) -> (value)

where value would be some number (not NaN) at the set indexes where
the intersection occurs and NaN everywhere else.  Map value to
RGB and it would give you a color map of the intersection points.
you could use valueToIndex with your array of lat/lons to figure
out which points should be NaN and which should have a value.

I hope that is clear, but am certainly willing to explain further if needed.

Kevin L. Manross        [KD5MYD]               (405)-366-0557
CIMMS Research Associate               kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx
[NSSL-WRDD/SWATN]           http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross

"My opinions are my own and not representative of CIMMS, NSSL,
 NOAA or any affiliates"