Re: anti-spam test

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, S F Palu wrote:

> How about making only list members to allow to
> post messages. There will always be spam messages
> that do not contain $ and million.

We tried that a couple years ago, and it caused chaos
because a significant percentage of subscribers post
from different addresses than the one they used to
subscribe. I certain percentage don't remember what
address they used to subscribe. If the spam gets too
bad, we will have to restrict posts from subscribers
only again, but I'm trying to avoid it. This list
exists to serve VisAD users, even those whose email
is a little disorganized.