From: Bill Hibbard [mailto:billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:03 AM
To: Mantri, Mr. Ramesh
Subject: RE: regarding 2d image and boundary

Hi Ramesh,

>    you are very right. I missed the lower bound in the "color palette". I
> guess
> I was in a hurry code something using VisAD that was earlier done using GMT.
> There
> are reasons why this is being done and I know as much about VisAD as I know
> about
> GMT, which is next to nothing.
>    So I really need help. My question is actually illustrated better
> following your
> suggested modification. All the contours are filled, but why is there a huge
> boundary
> surrounding the image. Is there any way the image could occupy the entire
> space. I was
> told by someone who used Vis5D a long time ago, that there was something like
> "viewing distance", which if reduced to zero (or something similar) would
> cause the
> image to occupy the entire space available. I would like to know if there is
> something
> to that effect. I searched the API documentation, but couldn't find anything.

To do this, you need something like the rotate() method in
visad/examples/Test57.java, except you want to zoom instead
of rotate and you only want to do this once rather than
repeatedly. The 4th argument to make_matrix() is the zoom
factor. You'll need to experiment with values other than
1.0 for zoom, but use 0.0 for all other arguments.