RE: java bug to affect VisAD in Sun 1.4.2 JRE

Hi Ricardo,

> I updated in my Linux machine the java 1.4.2 to the latest built 1.4.2_b28.
> Now I don't get the exception but I got the same behavior in VisAD.
>
> (http://cires.colorado.edu/~ricardo/temp/Screenshot.png)
> . . .
> The problem that araises in Visad is that some points in
> a lines (e.g. Grid2Dset) are given the vaule "Infinity", which makes the
> line go across the image

Are you saying that you are passing INFINITY values in
the samples array to your Gridded2DSet? I suggest you
insert a test in your code on the sample values you are
using to construct your Gridded2DSet, and of course
print any very large positive or negative values.

Another approach is to insert a test in VisADCanvasJ2D.java
near the offending call to draw() [line 806 in my
VisADCanvasJ2D.java is not a call to draw()] and print any
very large positive or negative coordinates.

Please let us know what you find.