Re: Edge color problem

Doug-

With OpenGL, the edge is white.  With Direct-X, the edge is
black.  Pics are attached.  Guess the edge color depends on the
platform.  With textures enabled, there is no shading in either case.

I'll let Bill explain it. ;-)

Don

Doug Lindholm wrote:
On at least one platform, I saw an edge show up black. Since my test program has a black background, maybe the problem isn't visible on some platforms. Bill and Don, could you add the following line to my test (or use the modified program attached) and give it another try?

      display.getDisplayRenderer().setBackgroundColor( Color.red );

Even if it is a platform specific bug, do you suppose there is a workaround we could put in VisAD. This is a major blemish in a highly visible app I'm developing.

BTW, I see the same problem when I use a map to SelectRange to cut off my data at some threshhold.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm

JPEG image

JPEG image