Which "Set"?

Greetings!

I have a rather convoluted relationship between the following variables

independent: range r
dependent: height h, slantRange s
"quasi-independent" elevation e (user input)

h = f(r, e) or in VisAD notation: ( (r, e) -> h )

s = g(r, e, h), i.e. ( (r,e,h) -> s)
[so technically, s = g(r, e, f(r, e)) or ( (r, e, (r, e)) -> s )]

If you are still following this...

I am using r as any 1D Set and e is user input.

I want to plot h (YAxis) vs. s (XAxis).

When the user changes e, I want to recalculate h and s and update the 2-Dimensional output (a curve)

Currently I am able to do everything but update h using the following:

    r = RealType.getRealType("R", SI.meter, null);
    (^^^ Just realized that I don't use this, but instead I use:)
    r_set = new Linear1DSet(0.0, 400.0, LENGTH);

    h = RealType.getRealType("Height", SI.meter, null);
    s = RealType.getRealType("SlantRange", SI.meter, null);
    double e;
    float[][] h_vals = new float[1][LENGTH];
    float[][] s_vals = new float[1][LENGTH];
    (h_vals and s_vals are calculated by r_set)

    func_h_s = new FunctionType(h, s);
    h_setI = new Irregular1DSet(h, h_vals );
    vals_ff_I = new FlatField(func_h_s, h_setI);
    vals_ff_I.setSamples(s_vals);

    xMap = new ScalarMap(s, Display.XAxis);
    yMap = new ScalarMap(h, Display.YAxis);

These are snippets from my code that hopefully shows he relationship. I can provide more if it would help clear up what I am trying to do.

Should I arrange my data into Tuples? Should I use a 2D set - and if I do, can I plot it as a curve? (the examples in the tutorial seem to show most things in a 2D set as contours of one type or another)

Thank you very much for your help!!

-kevin.

Kevin L. Manross        [KD5MYD]               (405)-366-0557
CIMMS Research Associate               kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx
[NSSL-WRDD/SWATN]           http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross

"My opinions are my own and not representative of CIMMS, NSSL,
 NOAA or any affiliates"