RE:mouse clicking multiple cells-highlighting multiple cells

Hi Curtis,

I'm implementing the feature for a user to click on multiple cells by
holding "control" on the keyboard and clicking with the mouse. I'm using
your advice about the FancySSCell.setSelected(boolean) method called
from within SpreadSheet.selectCell().

I tried adding a for loop within the double for loop of SS.selectCell()
that goes through my vector holding cell choices and sets their "select"
value to true and then calls setSelected(). So I kept the original code
in the double for loop except now I'm going through each cell in the
spreadsheet with *every* iteration of the outer double for loop. This is
inefficient since I'm iterating through the vector *every* time the user
clicks on a cell and then re-highlighting all the cells that have
already been highlighted up to the new cell that the user most recently
selected.

I thought about maybe adding a simple 1 liner to my implementation of
the DisplayListener interface in displayChanged() such as:
displayCells[ci][cj].setHighlighted(true)
but setHighlighted is declared private in FancySSCell, and I'm not even
sure that setHighlighted() would remember the cells that are already
highlighted with each mouse click.

Do you know of a way to avoid my triple for loop in SS.selectCell() and
not re-highlight the cells that have already been highlighted with each
successive mouse click? Is there a more efficient way of handling this
case instead of my inefficient approach right now which is:

user clicks on cell #1,
highlight cell #1,
user clicks on cell #4,
highlight cell #1 and #4
user clicks on cell #8,
hightlight cell #1, #4, and #8

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle Kam           (408) 742-2881
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. SSM/ATC/MSIS
B/153 O/L922
1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089