Re: error compiling Test46.java

Since you get the message:

visad\examples\AspectRatio.java:40: cannot access VisADException
bad class file: D:\visad\unzipped\visad\VisADException.class
class file contains wrong class: visad.VisADException
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpa
th.
    throws VisADException, RemoteException

I suspect that your CLASSPATH is not set correctly. This indicates that javac found VisADException in the package "visad.unzipped.visad". You need to have your CLASSPATH point to "d:\visad\unzipped" and not "D:".

Then I commented out VisADException but I had:

visad\examples\AspectRatio.java:40: cannot access VisADException
bad class file: D:\visad\unzipped\visad\VisADException.class
class file contains wrong class: visad.VisADException
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpa
th.
    throws VisADException, RemoteException
           ^
1 error

Are you able to compile Test46.java? I haven't changed my classpath and it
won't compile on my machine.

What is your CLASSPATH? Have you unzipped the visad source code in the directory "d:\visad\unzipped"?

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison